Spring in January

Rounding a bend on the Shoreline Trail
Typically I expect to see a foot or so of snow on the ground when I go out in January, expect to have ice in the driveway, many mornings I expect it to be snowing, and I figure it will be having a high around 30 degrees, and to start the day somewhere in the teens.  This year, however, is anything but typical.  I went riding this January morning and it was around 30 degrees when I started in the morning, and I didn't see one bit of snow the entire ride.  It made for a pretty enjoyable ride.

I took off from the Ogden Nature Center trailhead, and went about 1.5 miles up the Garner Canyon direction.  The trail towards Garner Canyon is quite enjoyable, and while I still have a ways to go on the trail, I quite like what I've ridden so far.

Navigating a particularly technical and rocky section on Shoreline
Perhaps one of the funniest comments I've heard while biking came today.  As I was just starting out, and heading toward my first switchback, I passed a young lady out walking her dog on the Quail Trail section.  She asked me, seemingly astonished, if I was actually going to bike up the mountain!  I assured her I would to which she seemed quite surprised!  I assume she must not spend a lot of time on the Ogden area trails.

Looking out over North Ogden
Picking my line over several rocky and narrow trail sections 
Heading over a bridge toward on the Garner Canyon section