Christmas from Shoreline!

Apparently Santa even makes it to the Shoreline Trail...
Or at least the day after Christmas from the Bonneville Shoreline Trail in Ogden.  We started from the 22nd Street trailhead.  The trail had snow in most parts, and where there wasn't snow the trail was pretty frozen over.  Bikes had great traction, we bundled up enough to stay pretty warm, and it was a blast!  Great way to finish off some Christmas celebrations. 

Christmas is one of my favorite holidays because it is a time to gather together with family and enjoy one another's company and the love you share, and it is a time to remember and celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ.  I am so deeply grateful for the life He lived and hope to be like Him in my actions.
Trailhead parking lot

First part of Shoreline Trail after meeting up from 22nd St trail



Climbing up a rocky section after a bridge crossing
Climbing around to the lookout
Lookout with bikes 
Dropping past the lookout down a technical section




I found out first hand to not ride on an iced over river.  I tried crossing on the river here instead of the bridge, and pretty quickly after getting both tires on the ice the bike came slipping down, and it was so slick I couldn't even get back on my feet to walk to the other side.  I had to crawl and inch myself and my bike over to the edge trying hard not to slip further down the river and all the time eyeing the running water underneath the ice! 
Climbing up a snowy seciton
Rounding a tight switchback
Coming back down