Wheeler Trail to Coldwater Overlook

One of the rides that I've done for a long time is the Wheeler Trail and then the Maples Trail that connects to it at the Art Nord Trailhead. I found the Coldwater section one day when I decided to keep riding and ended up finding the Coldwater Overlook Trail that connects to the Maples.
You start in Ogden Canyon directly across from the Pine View Dam at the Wheeler Trailhead, and from Wheeler's you'll join to the Maples Trail, and then you'll go right up the dirt road through the campground until you reach the trailhead for Coldwater to start heading up.

This is one of my favorite rides, with a steady uphill most of the way, slightly technical but not overly so, and a fun return ride. It also has some of the best scenery on it. The very end of the trail takes you to this incredible vista down the mountainside and over the Ogden valley.

These pics are from my second trip up it with my dad - I discovered it about a week prior on my own, on a particularly memorable ride. I ended up not taking enough water, and ran out at the top of the trail. About halfway down I realized that I do need water on the downhill, so I stopped and refilled my bottle twice in the creek, where I also received a bee sting right in my face. A few weeks later I learned why you never drink from the creek when I had an experience with giardia!

Toward the end of Maples there is this beautiful meadow - I sometimes think to myself when I'm there that it has to be something like the grove in New York where Joseph Smith prayed and subsequently seen God the Father and Jesus Christ in 1820.