Rock Canyon

I discovered this ride directly above the Provo Temple. As you're heading up the canyon from the temple when the road turns to the right continue straight and you'll find the trail. There are several routes you can take, including the shoreline trail, but this one leads straight up the canyon.


Its a fairly steep climb most of the way, with a lot of loose rocks, but the views sure make up for it. The ride down is a blast as well. Its a fairly popular hiking and climbing trail as well, as I always found a lot of traffic on all of my rides here.

On this particular morning I tackled the trail on a Saturday morning, about a month after I started back into school and working as a teacher at the MTC (greatest job!). It was cool, but not too chilly for most of the ride. The fall leaves were just changing colors and it was beautiful!

The return trip got interesting as it started to rain when I reached the campground toward the top of the trail, and by the time I turned around it was starting to get pretty wet. I slipped my way down through the mud, sprayed off my bike back at the apartment, threw the now brown clothes in the laundry, and took a nice hot shower! I've unfortunately lost all of my pictures from the return trip since.