Flat tire interruptions of the Skyline

Coming down on the east side
Looking across to the Ogden valley
I went for a quick morning ride this particular Saturday about four miles up the Northern Skyline trail in Ogden.  I love this ride - great climbs, good downhill, awesome views.  I ended up going to the top of the switchbacks, rode along the eastern side, and then ended up turning around after the switchback to where it pops out on the western side overlooking North Ogden.
Going up a particularly technical switchback
On the ride down, about a mile or less into the downhill, a family passed me hiking.  As the father was passing he pointed out that I had a flat - an observation I had not yet noticed actually.  Turns out that my valve stem, which had kind of broken on my previous ride, had started leaking air.  I didn't have a spare tube on me, and nothing I could do to repair it, so I tried twice to pump it up and keep riding, but eventually gave up and just hauled my bike about three miles down the trail on my shoulder.
Looking out to Pine View Dam

Looking north on the east side



Bermed turn on the east side

Technical spot on east side


Looking out toward Lewis Peak

Looking over at Ben Lomond Peak on the west side