Pioneer Trail


Riding up the Pioneer doubletrack
The Pioneer Trail is a steep ride that starts in North Ogden (go to the end of 2600 North, take a left, and where that street ends is the trailhead).  I took an immediate left after the trailhead, weaved through a peach orchard, and then headed up the canyon.  Its been years since I'd done this trail, and they have a section that has new gravel that is really loose and steep and nearly impossible to climb for about 200 yards.  After that it is fine, just really steep and a lung burner.  I only went about 1.5 miles up as this was an early morning ride before work for me.  Perfect weather, and a lot of fun.  The downhill is great and goes really fast - I think I topped out at 26 mph.  The trail eventually heads into a forested section where you can split off onto a singletrack that takes you right to the top of the divide to the Skyline trailheads, or keep going on the doubletrack and it spits you out on the divide road, just before the trailheads.
The trailhead
Looking down on North Ogden

Looking up the Pioneer Trial toward the Divide