Return of the Snow

Dropping down a switchback on the last stretch back.
Its been about a month since I was last able to get out.  Funny thing about that is we've likely had the best winter riding weather that I've seen in Utah until it snowed Sunday - and I just happen to be riding on Monday.  Consequently I did most my riding on hard frozen dirt and snow.

It was particularly cold today, being somewhere in the twenties and a nice cold wind to top it off.  In the parking lot I needed to pump up my tires and ended up ducking behind the car to use it as a windshield where it was so cold.

Riding up through some trees
I started at the Rainbow Gardens trailhead for the Shoreline trail heading south.  Most of the trail was snow covered, but apparently it must have gotten a decent amount of traffic since the storm as there was a good portion packed down.  It got cold enough for me on the ride that the return trip I ditched the biking gloves for thicker snow gloves.  I ended up going about 1.25 miles up and then turned around for 2.5 miles round trip.


Trail winding through trees looking out over Ogden 
Riding up a drier portion of the trail
Riding up the trail just past the Indian Trail cutoff
Dropping back down the trail.
Coming back down taking a corner
Coming back down to the trailhead, sun just starting to come up