Evening Shoreline Quickie

My wife was going for a walk with a neighbor, so I took advantage of a couple spare minutes and went for a quick ride on the northern section of the Ogden Shoreline Trail. I first tried to ride the Quail Trail, and was flying around the corners until I nailed a mud spot that splashed all over me and my bike and decided I should seek higher ground that would be more dry.

I started at the Ogden Nature Center trailhead and rode north toward Garner Canyon, and even started riding a bit up Garner Canyon (grabbed a few wildflowers for my wife along the way - the best way to make biking a happy occasion for everyone involved and to let your wife know you appreciate her).

There's those few rocky technical sections, and with the trail being so narrow it can be a little rough going through those spots. I was surprised to find that the junction with the Garner Canyon Trail had a view up a narrow spot that had a small waterfall coming down. It made for a pretty cool view.