Shoreline Shenanigans

I did quite a bit of riding in the month of May on the Ogden portion of Shoreline. Typically we started at 22nd St or 29th St. It is one of the best spring trails, especially when you have an unusually wet spring.

The picture to the left is where my dad and I typically turn around to loop back. It comes right after a particularly steep, rocky, technical portion, and remains extremely rocky. Whenever I come to this portion I recall a few years back where we bumped into an older gentleman with his two grandsons who told us to turn back because we could never make it up this section. My dad politely explained that we had ridden this section quite a few times and it was fairly manageable, at which point the man obstinately said we could not make it and no one could. We headed straight up that trail with him angrily watching!

Also pictured at the bottom is where the trail loop meets back up with the lower trail. It generally is some good climbing on the way up, with one particularly steep, technical section that is extremely tough to ride (pictured to the right - you can see my dad making it up one section and my cousin tipping over off the side of the trail above him) and then some wild technical downhill to meet back up with it again. One of the few times I've been able to hit it and make it was when I was dating my wife and my dad told me to do it for her!

One of our recent rides we went with my cousins Brad and Ben, my dad, and one of his neighbors. It was quite the fun ride. I took a couple shots of everyone dropping off one of the technical portions in one area that made for a real good picture.