Quail Trail



There's not much info I've been able to find online about this trail, but it is part of the Ogden Nature Center, and can be found by a joint parking lot for the Shoreline Trail somewhere between 1100 N and 2100 N in Ogden. I do not believe the trail is terribly long, but the morning I rode it was a quickie before work, and it was pretty muddy so I didn't make it very far.



The trail seems to be fairly flat and kind of goes through a marsh land. The morning I rode it I went straight through a herd of deer (if you look closely you can see them in the first picture) that I scared and heard quite a few birds. It was fairly muddy when I rode it, and I'm not sure if that is a product of the marsh or of it being early April when I rode. Either way it was fun enough to warrant a return trip down the road.



There are quite a few creek crossings with awkward logs to cross on that make it easier to just ride through the creek then get on top of the logs. It was a pretty fun trail with lots of forks to make for some fun exploring down the road. I kind of stuck to the more straight path and I probably got in at least a half mile to a mile out before I turned around. If it dries up in the summer it would be worth a quick ride when I don't have a lot of time.