Indian Trail

Dad and I set out on this Saturday morning to ride the Bonneville Shoreline Trail in Ogden, but ended up deciding to try something new in the Indian Trail. This trail starts at the Shoreline trailhead at Rainbow Gardens, but about a half mile to mile up the trail you take a cut off that heads back toward Ogden Canyon and up.

We actually seen two other bikers heading up ahead of us that we would end up passing, only to be passed by them again a little later on in the trail; however, I am under the impression that this is not a biking trail normally. The trail is an extremely stiff climb and I think will challenge even the well conditioned rider.

I'm not good with distances, but after you've gone up a couple miles the trail finally seems to top out, and then you take a nice little drop down on a narrow trail, which hugs close to the mountain as you head somewhat down. We didn't make it too far as it started to rain, and just a little ways on the downhill there is a technical small rock garden, which is more difficult then it looks because the trail is so narrow and it is two drops off rocks right in a row. I thought I could take it, but instead I ended up doing an endo, was kept from sliding by having my ankle pinned between my bike and the rock, and then watched my water bottle slide down the mountain side out of sight. I was fairly disappointed as it was a new bottle and it had been working out pretty well.

This was also one of my first rides on my new bike - a 1999 K2 1000. I actually had it for a few earlier rides, including the NotoMa, but this was my first one when I had everything up to working speed. The NotoMa I was having chain issues, and even had my chain snap mid-ride, but I had now replaced several parts to have it running smoothly. It was a birthday gift from my awesome family, and we got it from Alan's cousin, and has been a blast to ride and a big upgrade over the KHS Town and Country I had been riding.