Spring Shoreline Fun

Riding along the Shoreline trail coming to a lookout.
About to drop down a technical spot.

The 1st of us cruised up over the rocks, the 2nd got caught up on one.
This is one of my favorite spots - I have struggled to hit this spot in the last year, but this time I took a good shot at it, picked my line well, and really played my balance better and made it over both of the major rocks and navigated around the others.

A favorite section, pictured in the Shoreline Shenanigans and Back to the Bonneville posts, where it is a steep technical climb that I never seem to conquer.  They have now built up a trail that runs along the side of it that is much more manageable, pictured to the right.  Ironically, however, I still took the old trail and for the first time in years I made it up all of it.  The first time I did was when I was dating my wife my dad told me to do it for her, and I actually did.  They have built it up to be easier though.
At the southernmost river crossing we dropped down and took the technical lower trail.  You start off going down some rocky technical sections, with some hike a bikes for those less daring, but after you get through that first section its fast and easy from there back to 29th Street.
Dropping down the rocky section.